Congratulations on being part of the Transported community! Think of Transported as being a complete virtual reality tour solution from creation to publishing and viewing.
The heart of creating tours on our platform lies in the Transported Creator authoring tool. It's free downloadable software available with your Transported account. Creator allows you to import 360° panoramas—taken with any 360° camera or any equirectangular render—and then connect them into a VR tour. In addition to just linking the spaces together, Transported Creator will allow you to:
- Add information about a tour, including: title, description, location, property size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, price, category, and more.
- Select the tour’s visibility (public or hidden)
- Name and organize each scene
- Add feature tags to highlight spots in a scene
- Add audio to those feature tags that will play when users hover over them
- Add ambient sounds from our built-in library
- Add custom ambient sounds that will play when users enter into a scene
- Preview the tour before publishing
Once you are done creating your tour, with just one click of a button, your VR tour is published on our platform. Our platform consists of native VR apps for end-users, standalone webpages, and embeddable tours for display on other websites. Once published, your tour is hosted forever, for free. At this point you can also add collaborators such as clients or other editors.
In order to publish a tour, you’ll need to have a Transported account. Once you have an account, you can set up a profile where all the public tours you’ve published will be shown, along with your bio and contact info—if you choose to.
Transported VR tours can be viewed wherever users may be: in native VR apps, in web browsers, on mobile devices, in social media and other external websites.
- Native VR apps: Transported apps are available currently for Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR. In the app, end users can view your VR tours and feel as if they’re really there. They’ll walk through from scene to scene, hear the ambient audio, and explore all the features of a space. After testing with hundreds of users, we’ve fine-tuned the experience to be as intuitive as possible.
- Web: Every published Transported tour comes with a standalone webpage containing a tour that’s viewable on any modern browser. Additional information about the tour such as its title, description, location, presenters, and creator (you!) are also displayed. This page is shareable on all social media platforms with smart Open Graph previews built right in. Finally transported.com showcases the very best public VR tours as determined by our staff, allowing users to discover the coolest places shared on our platform.
- Mobile: When viewing the standalone webpage on a mobile device such as an iPhone, Android phone, or tablet, the VR tours will respond to the device’s movement. Users can navigate the tour that way, or use their fingers to swipe, just like on a computer.
- Embeds: All our tours are embeddable to other websites such as client websites, your portfolio, Zillow, or the MLS.
Peruse the rest of our help center to gain more in-depth knowledge about our platform and what you can do with it.